The SFS Video Library
SFS has created a collection of short video clips for use in teaching and outreach. A collaborative effort between the SFS Conservation and Environmental Issues Committee and Freshwaters Illustrated, the SFS Video Library features over twenty short video clips that illustrate aquatic habitat and organisms, focusing on benthic stream environments. These clips can be easily incorporated into computer presentations, such as Powerpoint slide shows, to provide more engaging and dynamic educational content for teaching and outreach.
To purchase the SFS Video Library, send a $25 check or money order made out to 'the Society for Freshwater Science' to:
Dept of Biology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Technical questions about the library can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org"
* Videos require Quicktime (but note that the final library will be in mpeg format, and readable by all types of media players, including Powerpoint). If you have problems playing, make sure you have the latest Quicktime version (6.0).
** The high quality versions are worth the wait, but not recommended for dial-up connections
QuickTime and the QuickTime Logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Get QuickTime Badge is a trademark of Apple Computer Inc., used with permission.
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
- Request to Increase Freshwater Science Access Fees more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore