Media LibrariesSFS hosts a number of media libraries designed to provide images for educational purposes. Images may be downloaded and used for teaching.
ImagesSFS digitized images from slide libraries such as the Freshwater Algae and Invertebrate Slide Library and SFS annual meeting contest entries are available to download for personal or education use. View the SFS Images Library...
VideosDigital videos are available for purcase that highlight over 20 features of the aquatic stream enviroment, habitat, and inhabitants. View video information...
In addition, a number of other freshwater-related videos are collected on the SFS YouTube channel: nabsbenthos.
Slide showsSlide shows are available for purchase that contain complete content focused on a number of topics. Topics include stream function, hydro-relicensing, riparian environments, and environmental challeges to conservation. View slide shows...
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
- Request to Increase Freshwater Science Access Fees more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore