Student Resources Committee
Who are we?
The Student Resources Committee (SRC) provides graduate and undergraduate students with representation in the Society for Freshwater Science (SFS) and an opportunity to meet and interact with other motivated students and leading members of SFS.
Membership in the SRC is open to all SFS graduate and undergraduate students. We have representatives on many SFS committees. The SRC also includes several sub-committees that actively participate in fundraising and organizing activities to enhance the sense of community within SFS.
What do we do?
Conference events and fundraisers organized by the SRC include the Graduate Student Workshop, Student-Mentor Mixer, Live Auction, Silent Book Auction, and Merchandise Sales.
We are also working with other SFS committees to develop fellowships and activities to support the growing number of undergraduate students attending annual SFS conferences.
How to join?
If you are a graduate student member of SFS and would like to be more involved with your society, please contact this year’s chair, Petra Kranzfelder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Join SFS SRC on Facebook!
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
- Request to Increase Freshwater Science Access Fees more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore