Latin America Chapter
Chapter Co-ChairsAlonso Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andrea Encalada (email@example.com)
Membership GoalAll of Latin America is included in this chapter, including Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean Islands.
Mission StatementThe primary goal of this chapter is to provide a communication link for a large number of freshwater scientists throughout Latin America and to be a focal point for consensus-building and collaboration within Latin America.
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
- Request to Increase Freshwater Science Access Fees more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore