Restoring the West Conference 2013
Change Agents and Managing for Forest Resilience
- October 16-17, 2013
- Utah State University
Area & Travel Information
Logan is located in the heart of Cache Valley, a lush scenic valley surrounded by some of the most magnificent and beautiful mountains in the Rocky Mountain range. Cache Valley was so named by the fur-traders, who first explored the region and would “cache” their supplies of furs here due to the mild winters.
- Weather: Four distinct and beautiful seasons.
- History: First inhabited by the Shoshoni Indians and fur trappers.
- Population: Logan 49,000; Cache County 94,000; USU Students 20,000.
- Elevation: Logan 4,775 ft; Logan Canyon/Bear Lake Summit 7,800 ft.
- Geography: Formed millions of years ago by ancient Lake Bonneville.
For More Information:
- Cache Valley Tourist Council
- Logan’s Economy, Business Environment, & Community
- Logan’s Government & Local Services
Maps & Directions:
- Salt Lake International Airport to Logan (pdf)
- Logan City to USU Campus (pdf)
- USU Central Campus (Conference Facility Locations) (pdf)
Closest parking to Eccles Conference Center: Covered parking is available in the Big Blue Parking Terrace located at 850 East 700 North (next to the University Inn). If you are staying at the University Inn, they will provide validations for their guests. If you are not staying at the University Inn and need a parking pass for the terrace, passes will be available at the conference registration counter when you check in to receive your materials. You will use the pass when you exit.
Overflow Parking: A second parking terrace is located at 700 East 600 North. Tokens for this terrace will also be available at conference registration. Please be sure to indicate you are parked in the overflow parking.
Local Public Transportation: Fare-free bus transportation operates within Logan and the Cache Valley area. Two express routes run directly to the USU campus every thirty minutes from the Transit Center which is located in the heart of downtown Logan. Visit www.ltdbus.org for specific route schedules.